|One of my top “clicked on” items on Pinterest|
Did you know that one of the biggest sources of traffic for this blog and my jewelry shop Crafty Little Gnome is Pinterest? It seems that after Google, Pinterest is my biggest source of traffic for both websites. In fact, the first time I ever heard of Pinterest was several years ago when I saw it listed as one of my top reffering sites. I was getting loads of traffic from Pinterest without even trying! I spend a lot of time on Pinterest browsing for inspiration at home on my laptop and wasting time while I am at work through the iphone app. I bet a lot of you do too. Here are some of the way I use Pinterest to help market this blog as well as my jewelry shop Crafty Little Gnome.
How to Get Followers
- Gain followers of your boards by following others. I found that following other peoples boards is the simplest way to get more followers for myself.
- If you are active on other social media sites make sure you post your Pinterest account there. Let others on your Facebook, Twitter or other sites know that you are on Pinterest. Ask them to follow you, provide the link and when they do follow you make sure to follow them back.
- You can go to the “Find Friends” tab and sync your Pinterest account with your Facebook and Twitter. This enables you to easily follow these friends.
- If you are hosting a giveaway or contest why not have one of the entry requirement be to follow you on Pinterest as well as your other social media sites?
- Add a link to your Pinterest account to the sidebar of your blog or website. People can easily click on it and go to your boards.
- Every time you write a new blog post or list a new item for sale Pin it to one of your boards. If you have been blogging for a long time and there is a lot of content you can add the “pin it” button to your browser and slowly go back to some of your earlier content and add those posts.
- If you are selling online on places like Etsy make sure you pin your new listings as you add them. Go back and pin the ones you missed in your free time.
- You should set up a couple boards specifically for your business, for example I have a board for Crafty Little Gnome Jewelry. This is where I post my new listings from my Etsy shop. I also have a board named Crafty Little Gnome Blog. This is where I post new blog posts. These are great to make sure you are getting all your content pinned but don’t be limited to these boards. You should post your content to any board that is applicable. For example. I can pin my Spring Bulb Planting Tips onto my blog board as well as my Gardening board, Front Yard Landscaping Board and Backyard Ideas board.
These are just some of the ways I am using Pinterest to help promote my blog and my Etsy shop. How are you using Pinterest to help market yourself? Share your ideas in the comments!