A new year. A fresh start. There is something about the beginning of the year that feels so exciting. I think we all have such great intentions on New Years day to make this “Our Best Year Ever.” We tell our selves this is the year I am going to lose that last ten pounds, quit smoking, de-clutter the house and do all those things we think “perfect” people do. People who of course doesn’t actually exist.
I’ve had a pretty tough year so I am really looking forward to a new beginning in 2015. I’ve spent the last half of 2014 trying to focus on self-care and trying almost everything I can think of to make myself feel better. I’ve done it all: Medication, therapy, acupuncture, exercise, dietary changes, meditation and more. Yup, I have been suffering from depression and anxiety pretty hardcore. On one hand I don’t really want to talk about it because it’s no ones business and on the other hand I don’t have anything to be ashamed of. The details of what’s been going on will remain private but I think this is something that everyone goes through at some point in their life. Right now is just my turn. The work I have done is starting to pay off and I’m feeling better than I have in a long time. I’m feeling really motivated and creative lately and I hope to keep it up. Here are some of my goals for 2015 that I would like to share to help keep myself accountable:
1) Blog on a regular basis and improve the quality and frequency of my blog posts
2) Branch out with my Etsy shop Crafty Little Gnome and create products besides jewelry
3) Practice Yoga on a regular basis and take a few classes
4) Get into the habit of meditating on a regular basis
5) Cook more homemade meals and learn a new recipe each month
6 Educate myself about wines and start drinking better quality than boxed Franzia
7) Develop a more distinct personal style and dress a little more stylish
8) Run a 5Km race
9) Work on artwork on a regular basis
10) Sell my work at a craft fair this year
These are all pretty doable goals and I’m looking forward to tackling them. I will keep you posted on some of my progress with these.
What are your New Years resolutions?